Monday, March 9, 2009


Yesterday, after spending hours shopping for prom dresses with three 16 year year old girls, I came home hungry and weary. Just as I finished up making dinner, I knocked a full jar of maple syrup off the counter. No, it didn't smash into a sticky mass of lacerating glass. Instead, it landed on my toe, fracturing it. Limped off to work today; but I forgot to put the SD card in the camera--so no photos. When I got home, I found my husband had invited people for dinner! Under these circumstance, a glass of Yellow Tail was certainly in order. A combination of the Chalk and Charcoal filter with the Old Photo effect makes the photo as mellow as I wish I'd feel.

13 comments:

  1. A girl after my own heart! Heck with the glass, I think after that day you needed the bottle! LOL Fabulous image - I do like the "mellow" image better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors of the bricks in the first image, but I like the overall impression of the second better. You have got the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you aware how many Kangaroos they have to squeeze to get a bottle of that stuff, mobs and mobs of them. Good to see you buy Australian.
    Sorry bout the toe but hey That's life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy beat me to it with the comment about deserving the bottle instead of a mere glass! Nicely composed shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Tammy. You had one heck of a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a day you had, Bobbie! A comedy of errors from start to finish. I hope the wine worked its magic and made you forget the throbbing toe! I like the mellow image the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your toe is better quick! You deserved, not a glass of wine, but a bottle (or two, or three) after that kind of day. May the rest of them be better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with the rest of the ladies who support the multiple bottle approach. The prom dress shopping alone would have warranted one bottle, let alone the broken toe and the unexpected guests!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a horrific day! I think I would have had a martini (maybe a double) after that! Hope your toe (and you) are feeling better.
    Love the composition in these photos with all that texture in the background. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry about your toe. Nice composition and added effects on your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors in the bottom image. They all go together so pleasingly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yipes! Hope you've healed up, the tones are lovely in the processed shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, what a couple of days you've had! hope you enjoyed that wine! I really like the edit you did.

    ReplyDelete