Tuesday, March 17, 2009


It's St. Patrick's Day, and we made our annual journey home to NYC for the Parade. This year, I was IN the Parade. It was dedicated to the Sisters of Charity on their 200th Anniversary. I went to a Sisters of Charity collge, so I was invited to take part. We marched near the beginning, so I was able to double back and watch the rest of the Parade. The gold kilts of this pipe band caught my eye. (I LOVE men in kilts!)
The Poster Edges filter brought out the crisp contrast between the black and gold in thir uniforms.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Barbara - great image and so festive! I too love men in kilts - something about their legs! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tagged by Barb and I am tagging you!
    Here's what you do
    •Go to your photo folder on your computer
    •Go to the 6th folder of photos
    •Go to the sixth picture
    •Put the picture on your blog and a description of it
    •Invite six friends to join the challenge
    •Link them in your blog
    I hope you join us in this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love men in kilts and pipe bands and parades and especially this shot. Great image and I'm glad you got to march and get this fun shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love a parade? This shot is wonderful with the bright gold and the gray pavement and building beyond. The shadows add a lot of interest too.

    I think in this case, I like the original best! :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great action image. The colors are so brilliant and I can practically see the group in motion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome shot of the parade. Great colors and I like the filter image better.

    ReplyDelete