Wednesday, March 11, 2009


It was a raw, cold, drizzly day. I was intriged by the raindrops clinging to the branches of this thorny tree that borders the parking lot at my office building. (The parking lot is on surveillance video--I just kow the security guards wonder what on earth I'm doingas I wander around my car, trying to be unobtrusive.) I'm not yet really comfortable with the settings on the new camera; so the focus on the original is pretty soft. Accented Edges managed to bring out the texture in the branch, the light in the raindrop and the threatening points in the thorns.

5 comments:

  1. Love those water drops! I like what the effect did to the background as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done. Love the drops of water but the thorns look wicked!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that I was pretty happy with he first one, but after I enlarged it, I agree the second does have a certain something that makes it more interesting. Nice job, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great image, Bobbie. I love how sharp the tree branch and the water beads are against the great bokeh. I really like that bokeh, it has a great slant to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so simple yet so beautiful. Wonderful shot.

    ReplyDelete